5/13/2009

"Frozen Flashback I" (05.14.2009)

"Frozen Flashback I" (05.14.2009)
Complete for Time:
10 x Abmat Sit-ups
10 x Goodmornings
30 x Thrusters (95lbs)
50 x Pull-ups
30 x Abmat Sit-ups
30 x Goodmornings
20 x Thrusters (95lbs)
35 x Pull-ups

50 x Abmat Sit-ups
50 x Goodmornings
10 x Thrusters (95lbs)
20 x Pull-ups


This WOD received it's name in honor of the water supply which froze solid the last time this came up. Upon seeing the weather report I had called Mike to see if everyone still wanted to come in, and kindly let them know that there was a risk of "serious exposure injury" with the wind chill.

Mike: "Naw, Samy, it's fine."
Frank: "Those people landed in the Hudson river and survived after spending an hour and a half in the freezing water. I think I can handle 20 minutes in the garage..."

That's how named WODs are born.

Stable News:  Yesterday we welcomed Bob into our little family here, he cut his teeth on "Cindy" for his inaugural day and scored very well.  We are looking forward to seeing him crush today's scheduled brutality...

12 comments:

SRD said...

Old Scores to Crush...
Enrique 30:42
Hore-Hay 32:54

The Don said...

thats funny we were just talking about this today

SRD said...

I know it's almost fate...
The mainsite WOD is brutal for developing midline strength and I wanted a nice met con disaster that would do something similar while also managing to crush our souls... irony?
Looks like 1030-1130 we will be having Wes, Nikki, and Bob in so you are more than welcome to come in then. The rest of the afternoon will kick off at 3pm

Anonymous said...

Mentally I really needed this workout, even though I hit some major mental blocks during the workout I needed a brutal met-con. It was also awesome to do my first "major" WOD as RX'd...

"Frozen Flashback I" as RX'd : 31.10

K$

JoeG said...

2009-05-14 - "Frozen Flashback I"

Complete for Time:
10 x Abmat Sit-ups
10 x Goodmornings (35 lbs)
30 x Thrusters (95lbs)
50 x Pull-ups (mod: SDHPs x 30 @ 65 ls)

30 x Abmat Sit-ups
30 x Goodmornings (35 lbs)
20 x Thrusters (95lbs)
35 x Pull-ups (mod: SDHPs x 30 @ 65 ls)

50 x Abmat Sit-ups
50 x Goodmornings (35 lbs)
10 x Thrusters (95lbs)
20 x Pull-ups (mod: SDHPs x 30 @ 65 ls)

29:01

#

OMG. i want the name of the person who invented thrusters ON MY DESK by morning. do you hear me! MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT. get it done. *evil smile*

this workout SUCKED hard. most of it outside, in the rain, was the saving grace. even with that, my throat was FIRE. my thoughts were tunnel visioned esp on those SDHPS. gorram!

torn my first callouses, even with maintaining them. dammit.

NB: substituted SDHPs instead of pull-ups because i'm concerned about the tenderness in my left elbow over the last 3 weeks, and pull-ups really aggravate it. if i can work around it for the next 2-3 weeks and rest it, hopefully, all is good. i really can't abide having a self-inflicted wing injury at this stage - i'm too close to static pullups and kippers.

loving it! *smooch*

Joe

#

SRD said...

Any more smooching and I am changing the site to allow for comment moderation... freaks

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure that smooching is strictly forbidden in any CF box. I'll check the rules and regulations.

K$

211 said...

Ok... Joe just earned a 2 day posting timeout.
Frozen wod:
18:32

The Don said...

the dude did call him self a delicate flower, a definite no-no regardless of doing crossfit or not....that comes down to your manhood......

JoeG said...

Don draws a mean anatomical diagram as well ;)

Joe

Anonymous said...

I thought there was a posting timeout???

K$

Anonymous said...

16:43
w/jumping p/u
-jess